People ask me all the time about how to make Kombucha! Since it’s one of my favourite subjects I thought I would produce a MHW Microsode on the subject!
What does kombucha have to do with mental health you ask? There is an increasing body of evidence that links gut health to mental health!
Never forget that we are a complex system. We’re not a collection of individual parts. It’s time to start healing ourselves by taking a holistic approach to our health.
- Buy the Big Book of Kombucha! It’s the bible of these delicious concoction!
- Here’s a wonderful article that talks about the health benefits of kombucha!
- Here’s a Kombucha starter kit you can buy
- You can find a good article here on the benefits of fermented foods. EAT MORE KRAUT!
Here’s a picture of the vessel I use for the first fermentation and my beautiful SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture of Bacteria and Yeast)
And here are a few of the different bottles I use. I use the big jugs now because it’s simpler.
The steps are literally this simple but there is a ton of flexibility in them:
- Get your SCOBY going – listen to the episode for the 4 ways to do this.
- Boil a pot of water and make sweetened tea (tea and sugar). Let it cool.
- Add the the sweetened tea to your vessel with the SCOBY
- Let it sit there for a week or two
- Grab some jugs and mix in whatever you want – juice, fruit, spices etc.
- Stir up the fermented tea mixture and pour it into the jugs.
- Make another batch of fermented tea mixture so you can top off your vessel so you’re ready for the next batch!
- Let it sit there and ferment for a few days more
- Burp it every once in a while – take the top off to release some pressure.
- Drink and enjoy!!
“Warriors aren’t always the ones who win, but they are always the ones who fight”
Learn more about my new coaching program, Serving Powerfully, by visiting me here!
If you loved this podcast it would mean the world if you would leave us a review on iTunes! https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/mental-health-warriors/id1248005727
Please consider supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/mentalhealthwarriors